Weekly Goals Review: 5/6-5/12
These goals posts are mostly for myself, so that I can keep track of where I’m going, where I’ve been, and if I’m on the track I’d like to be one. They are also so I can hold myself accountable when I fail to meet a goal. I find that easier to do if I list my goals in a public forum such as this rather than just tack it on a wall where only I’ll see it. Feel free to comment if you wish, but it isn’t necessary.
Green means the goal was accomplished.
Red means it wasn’t.
Last Week’s Goals
- Write a minimum of four first draft chapters of Cherokee Johnson I only managed two this week, but I got 6 last week so it all works out right? No, not really. I just slacked off when I should have been writing.
- Finish first draft of story for submission to the After Death anthology (submission deadline June 30)
- Bonus: Started planning phase for Sins of a Father
This Week’s Goals
- Write a minimum of three first draft chapters of Cherokee Johnson
- Write the second draft of the After Death story
- Write one second draft chapter of The Rain
This Month’s Goals
- Finish the first draft of Cherokee Johnson
- Begin planning phase for Sins of a Father
- Begin writing the second draft of The Rain (working title)
- Write second and third drafts of After Death story
- Edit and submit After Death story
- Start a story for submission to the Big Bad Anthology (submission deadline July 31)
Next Month’s Goals
- Finish the second draft of Cherokee Johnson
- Continue work on the second draft of The Rain
- Continue planning for Sins of a Father, maybe scratch out a few chapters
- Begin rough sketches of The Child’s Guide
- Write second and third drafts of Big Band Anthology story
- Edit and submit Big Bad Anthology story
- Find 2+ more anthologies to submit to
This Year’s Goals
- Publish Cherokee Johnson
- Begin editing phase of The Rain
- Complete first draft of Sins of a Father
- Begin working on drawings for The Child’s Guide
- Submit stories to at least five anthologies
The ambition is still there. Occasionally, the drive comes and goes, but that’s something I’ve got to work through. You’re more than welcome to tag along for the ride. Ride my coat tails to fame! Just another ambitious pipe dream there, haha.