I was tagged in a game of blog tag by Paula Acton, but I don’t often go with the flow, so I’m going to do things a bit different than the rules state. I’m just going to answer the questions she posed for anyone interested in knowing a bit more about me. I’m not going to tag anyone else and I’m not going to pose any questions. Feel free to do this yourself and use these questions or make up eleven of your own, or don’t do it at all. Totally your call.
1) If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be and why?
Any animal? Does it have to actually exist? I’ve always wanted to fly on the back of a dragon, so I think I’m going to make that my answer, although I’d probably need to get another job just to feed the dang thing.
2) You can have a star named after you what would call it and why?
Interesting question. I’d call it “Snowball’s chance in Hell”- because that’s about the likelihood that there would be life revolving around it.
3) What was your favourite childhood toy?
I had a lot of toys growing up, but they all shared one thing in common- they required me to use my imagination. For that reason I’d have to say my imagination was by far my favorite toy. I could play with a stick and be content for the day. I wouldn’t be the writer I am today if I didn’t have that growing up.
4) What was your nickname at school and how did you get it?
I didn’t really have a nickname until I was about ten. Some of this kids I played hockey with started calling me Snowball (see, the star in #2 actually was named after me). I don’t know why they called me that, but that name stuck for about five years then mysteriously vanished. I never bothered to report it missing. I was kind of glad to see it go.
5) You can go on a dinner date with anyone from past or present who do you take and why?
My wife, because she’s my favorite person in the world and we don’t get the chance to go out to dinner very often with a one year old. If she isn’t available, I guess I’d settle for a bite to eat with Stephen King.
6) What is the most embarrassing chat up line you have either used or had used on you?
I landed my wife with “What’s the difference between roast beef and pea soup?” The answer is “Anyone can roast beef.” Think about it. You’ll get it. I have no idea why she liked me after that. Haha.
7) Who would you want to play you in a film of your life story?
I’d probably go with Michael Cera or DJ Qualls. What? You were expecting Johnny Depp or something?
8) Someone wants to create a cocktail for you what do you call it and what are the three main ingredients?
Well, I don’t drink alcohol, so my three ingredients would be water, sugar, and tea. I’d call it sweet tea. That doesn’t exist already does it?
9) What guilty pleasure tv show do you indulge in?
I don’t watch a lot of tv and I don’t feel guilty about anything I do watch, so I’d have to say I don’t have one.
10) Would you have plastic surgery if so what would you change?
No surgery for me. I’m happy with who I am.
11) Who was your teenage crush?
My last teenage crush was my wife, no one before that matters. We started dating during our senior year of high school. Nearly thirteen years later, we still don’t fight. We always joke that there is something wrong with us because every other couple seems to fight, sometimes a lot. Oh well, I’d rather be happy and weird than pissed off and normal.
And that’s the end. Feel free to answer the questions yourself, or don’t. Either way.